The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a regulation which aims to give EU citizens back control and transparency over their personal data, how it is used, by whom and for what purpose. As of the 25th of May 2018 when the GDPR came into effect, businesses who do not comply, risk significant fines of up to €20m or 4% of global annual turnover, whichever is greater. Under the GDPR, personal data must be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
What does this mean
for your business’s file transfer, email and data sharing operations?
The 5 W’s to assess if your file transfers are GDPR compliant:
file transfers do we have in place and what data is being transferred?
is the data being transferred to and from and where is it being stored?
has access to it?
do they have access and under which legal basis?
are these transfers scheduled to take place and are their SLAs against them?
Wizuda’s file transfer software is built with Privacy by Design.
- Real-time maps of your file transfers
- Encryption at rest and in transit
- Secure transfer protocols
- Option to Link high risk transfers to Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Authorisation workflows for risk categorisation
- Data anonymisation module
- Full access controls
- Data retention scheduling
- Full compliance reporting and audit trails
GDPR Compliant Emails and Data Sharing
- Built-in safeguards to prevent the most common data breaches e.g. sending data to the wrong people
- Retraction capabilities so mails are no longer available to the recipients
- Full recipient controls e.g. read/write/download/print options
- Apply watermarks to documents
- Control where your data resides
- Manage data retention policies
- Geo-location locking so data can only be accessed from specific locations
- Full Compliance reporting